The assistant coughs Pegaso Plus Combi it was designed for adults and children with ineffective cough.
Cough assistance therapy is useful in mobilizing and eliminating broncho-pulmonary secretions, it is indicated for home and hospital use. The therapy can be performed in a non-invasive way through the use of masks and / or mouthpiece, otherwise also in an invasive way using a catheter mount.
Patients with this type of problem typically suffer from:
- Muscular dystrophy
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Miasthenia gravis
- Spinal cord damage
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Pressure up to 70 cmH2O with extremely powerful flows for highly effective cough care therapy
- Blocking and selective activation of the various modes, keeping the parameters set for each one
- 4 different modes of cough assistant: Automatic, Manual, AutoSync, EasyStart
- 3 different flow levels - rise time
- Display of inspired volumes and peak inspiratory flow
- Lithium polymer battery
- SpO2 reading directly from the display with the Masimo sensor (USA), also suitable for neonatal and pediatric use. This tool helps monitor lung perfusion and therapy effectiveness
- Oscillatory function during cough care therapy
High Frequency Percussive Therapy
The device PEGASO PLUS COMBI in addition to carrying out cough assistance therapy it has a mode High frequency percussive, promoting peripheral lung drainage.
La percussive therapy improves the homogeneity of ventilation in the lungs, increasing alveolar ventilation and mobilizing deep secretions. To obtain these benefits, the firing pin sends high frequency air boluses to the patient, creating continuous positive expiratory pressure, which will be different from patient to patient. To achieve the desired results it is important to use appropriate settings for each patient.
La percussive therapy high frequency can be applied via mouthpiece, mask or catheter mount.